Immune-Boosting & Anti-Inflammatory Pizza Recipes
Boost your immune system while eating pizza? Didn’t think that was possible? Well here are two delicious and nutritious, immune-boosting and anti-inflammatory pizza recipes the whole family will enjoy. Feel free to mix and match the two crust recipes with the two topping recipes for more tasty dinner ideas.
Brown Rice Crust Ingredients
- 3 cups cooked brown rice, cooled
- 2 egg whites, beaten
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- Vegetable oil cooking spray
- 1/2 cup sliced red and green peppers
- 1/2 cup sliced broccoli
- 1/2 cup halved Brussel sprouts
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce (no sugar added)
- 1 roma tomato, sliced thinly
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Italian seasonings, divided
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Toss the topping ingredients together and roast in the oven for 30 minutes at 350 degrees and then set aside.
- Combine rice, egg whites, and 1/3 mozzarella in a large bowl and press into a greased 12 inch pizza pan.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 5 minutes.
- Then, put the pizza together by combining the pizza sauce and 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasonings in a small bowl and spreading the mixture over the rice crust.
- Layer the 1/3 cup mozzarella cheese, Brussels sprouts, sliced tomatoes, and peppers. Then top with the remaining cheese and sprinkle 1/2 tablespoon olive oil on top.
- Bake for an additional 10 minutes at 400 degrees.
- 3/4 cup flax seed meal
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 whole egg
- 1 egg white
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 avocado, mashed
- 1/4 cup toasted almonds
- 1/3 cup black olives
- 1/4 cup spinach
- 1/3 cup sliced tomatoes
- Start by preheating the oven to 425 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix the dry crust ingredients together and then add the wet ingredients, making sure to mix well. Let sit for about 5 minutes, until thickened.
- Spread mixture onto a pizza stone or pan and bake until cooked through, about 15 to 18 minutes.
- Then spread the avocado onto the crust and add the toppings. Bake until everything is cooked through, about 8 to 12 minutes.